There’s a lot of work to be done and encounter lots of stress as it might be the first time for the committee members in organizing this. Because of this, here’s some tips and guide line that might help you in organizing a close to perfect prom night and make your prom a truly wonderful night to remember.
Prom night is one of the most memorable nights for high school, college and university student. A whimsical climax that they have awaited for months with exciting discussion from dress code to activities. It’s a fantastic night surrounded by friends, good food and amazing entertainment, committee member play a huge role it making this happen!
- Gather your planning committee– One person and no team does not make a prom work. This is a team effort. You might find this useful to recruit volunteers.
- Save the date– When picking the date for prom, consult friends from other schools. Also to check out preferred venue availability.
- Pick the perfect theme– Glow in the dark, futuristic or a romantic glitz and glamour theme – ideas are endless. Let the students vote on their preferred theme after committee narrows down the ideas to let them feels involved.
- Organize sub-committees– Break out into smaller groups early to determine needs and costs in each area. Sub-committee ideas: Budget, Fundraising, Logistics, Decorating, Catering, Entertainment, Tickets and Invitations.
- Set a budget– It’s not the fun part, but so necessary! You must set a reasonable budget and stick to it. Your fundraising team will only able to set their target and keep it up.
- Fundraising– From typical fundraisers like car washes and bake sales to more unique ideas like a bazaar, mini games that required to pay a small amount of money and have the chance to win prizes.
- Solicit sponsors– Decide which local businesses may benefit the most from sponsoring your prom and write them a proposal or sponsorship letter.
- Location, location, location– Possibly the most important element of planning prom is finding and securing the venue so start as soon as possible.
- Invite your guests– Paper invitations or invite guests digitally through facebook event or other digital medium that can help track RSVPs so you can get an idea of how many guests to plan for.
- Get your groove on – Band or DJ? Audition your entertainment options and once you find the perfect match, book it! Don’t let your number one choice get away.
- Say cheese– Sure, there will be lots of rockin’ #selfies at prom, but you want to make sure you hire a professional photographer to capture the night too. You may contact Tagbooth for their professional photographer. Don’t have a big budget? Get a committee that is good in photography– you might get lucky.
- Photobooth– To capture classic prom pose and receive an instant printing that can place in your purse or noteboard that can remind you of this memorable night!
You can either to hire an open or enclosed photo booth services from Tagbooth Photobooth. Benefit of enclosed photo booth is that students can pose privately and go extreme. Funny hats, glasses and prom props prepared will definitely let students go wild!
Tagbooth Photobooth offers an affordable rate for prom night as we believe photo is a best way to throw you back to your youth life! Contact us NOW for Prom Night Discount! Visit www.facebook.com/tagbooth or contact Kim 012 231 0613 for more information.
- #Prom– Create a unique prom hashtag, and then get everyone to use it for posting anything prom related on social media. By the time prom is over you will have a virtual scrapbook of the whole event from planning to PARTY! With a smaller budget, you might consider to set up Tagbooth Instagram Photo Printing Station at your prom! #AwesomeProm
- Chaperones– Sorry kids, chaperones are a must.
- Party favors– Everyone loves goodie bag. Plan to send guests home with a little something to memorialize the evening.
- Traditions – Will you be upholding certain year-to-year school traditions, or be starting new ones? Maybe the seniors all wear white or dance to a certain song?
- Tickets – Even the best fundraising team will appreciate the assistance of ticket sales to meet budget goals.
- Prom Rules– Make sure your prom rules are clear and upfront. You may set regulations for attire (no sneakers!), a refund policy, require ID, set a “no late entry” rule, etc.
- What’s on the menu – Whether you plan to serve a full dinner or just appetizers and desserts, you will have to consider budget and dietary restrictions. Set an RSVP deadline that coordinates with when you need to give a head count number to the caterer.
- Set Up– On the big day, it is all hands on deck. Organize your volunteers and assign tasks and most importantly Medical Team. Yes, this takes a little pre-planning, but it will be worth it on prom night.
- Bring your checklist– You’ve planned and planned. Don’t assume you will remember everything. Make checklists and bring them with you. Also bring a list of important phone numbers so you can get in touch with anyone you might need to last minute.
- Make an announcement– Once everyone gets settled, take five minutes to make a few announcements. Thank your committee, point out extra special touches, remind everyone to use your hashtag (see tip #13), etc.
23. Coronation – The votes have been tallied and now you have the honour of bestowing a crown upon the king and queen. Make sure it is a regal affair and plan for the crowning to take place about half way through prom – so the king and queen can enjoy their moment.
24. Have fun – This is probably the most important tip of all. You’ve worked your tail off to make it a special night for all. Now it is time to enjoy the fruits of your labor. Relax and soak it all in; it will be over in an instant.
- Clean up– When the party is over, there is still work to be done. You are going to need your best recruits so clean up is as painless as possible.
- Post-prom party – The party isn’t over! There is always a lot of talk about what to do after prom. To keep the student body safe, assign a committee to keep the party going all night long – safely.
- Leave a roadmap – Prom is over for you, but next year the planning process will start all over again with a new class. Pass on notes about what worked and what didn’t so they too can have the prom of their dreams.
- Donate that dress – Want to give back? Check for organizations that accept donations to provide dresses to students in need or kids too sick to attend prom!
- Memorialize it – Best. Prom. Ever! Remember all of the hard work and funny moments by making a Photobook. You will really appreciate it in 10, 20, 30 years especially with photography and photo booth hired.
- R&R – Prom was a success and you deserve a pat on the back. Take a little time to get some rest and relaxation – trip to the spa anyone?
With these tips you will make prom dreams come true. All of the hard work will surely be worth it!
Engage Tagbooth photo booth service NOW to secure availability.
We have done a few prom night for students from high school to university, Sunway University Prom Night, Help University A-Levels Prom 2015, Taylor’s University Scholar’s Annual Dinner and etc.
Reference from: http://www.signupgenius.com/